FACT Fiscal Agent Program Supports the Regions Arts Community
In addition to continuing programming in Trumbull County including Noon in the Park, Ghost Walk, Arts in Education Programs, Art Hops, Sunday Jazz and Music and Art at the Warren Farmers Market we continue to explore ways to strengthen the arts in our region. F.A.C.T. is promoting growth in the arts community by serving as fiscal agent for emerging arts organizations. FACT is or has been the fiscal agent for the following exciting and important Mahoning Valley Programs:
- The Legl Creative: Providing artists with the educational, business, and legal resources they need to make a living from their art.
- SMARTS – (Students Motivated by the Arts) SMARTS is a community-based art school which seeks to motivate students to succeed in all areas of life by teaching them the discipline and focus that creating art takes. Future SMARTS classes will be offered in visual arts, music, dance, theater, and creative writing (including literacy, poetry, fiction, and playwriting). SMARTS is serving as the Lead Organization for the Warren City School’s application for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Any Given Child Initiative.
- the Robins Project a collaboration between area citizens and faculty and students from the Urban Collaborative at The New School in New York City a partnership between the Milano School of International Affairs, Management, and Urban Policy and Parsons New School for Design.
- The Trumbull County Martin Luther King Dream Team
- Power of the Arts Initiative – POA works to create and sustain a collaborative structure for the Arts and Culture community to effectively participate in our region’s revitalization and economic development and to positively impact our citizens’ quality of life.
- IDXA Youngstown which offers opportunities for interaction design professionals and students in the Youngstown & Mahoning Valley region and Youngstown State University to connect, share knowledge, engage in projects and interact with the community.
- Jazz in the Park – Boardman